20 Quick and Easy Breakfast Ideas
Breakfast Made Easy
Breakfast is not only the most important meal of the day, but it also is the most delicious. I love it all from a simple bowl of cereal to the most complex soufflé. Listed below are 20 ideas for a quick and easy breakfast. Everything is done in 15 minutes or less and all recipes are Blackwood tribe tested for deliciousness. So here’s to breakfast! Enjoy.
- Homemade Nutty Granola (made the night before and stored in a plastic or glass container) with milk.
- Quick yogurt parfait
- Sweet and Crunchy Cinnamon Toast
- Oatmeal with brown sugar and pecans (make quick oatmeal per directions on package, top with brown sugar and chopped pecans and a sprinkle of salt)
- Grits with bacon and cheese (cook according to direction, 5 minute quick cooking grits, portion into individual bowls being sure to salt and pepper to taste, add butter, warm pre-cooked bacon in a skillet, crumble and top grits with bacon and Monterey jack cheese)
- Crustless quiche muffins
- Bacon, egg and cheese sandwich
- Ham and egg cups (line greased muffin cups with slice of Ham, mix eggs, salt and pepper and a little milk then pour into muffin cups, bake at 350 for 15 minutes)
- Breakfast pigs in a blanket (you can buy these frozen or make your own by rolling sausage links in pancake batter and frying in about an inch of oil)
- Strawberry cream cheese roll ups (roll out a piece of bread til flat and thin, spread a thin layer of cream cheese on top, then put a row of thinly sliced strawberries on the cream cheese. Roll up and coat in melted butter, then roll in cinnamon sugar. Bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes)
- SOS gravy on toast or biscuits
- Cereal and milk with fruit
- Pancake stacks with cheesecake cream and berries (warm frozen mini pancakes, top pancakes with pre-made Philadelphia cheesecake mixture and berries, and continue to layer then top with maple syrup)
- Pick your topping Waffles and syrup
- Sausage and biscuits on a stick (simply wrap canned biscuit dough around a pre-cooked sausage link, thread onto a skewer and bake)
- Cheese toast (spread toast with mayo, then top with favorite cheese and bake in oven at 350 til brown)
- Strawberry banana protein shake (1 single serving vanilla protein shake, 1/2 cup ice, 1/2 cup strawberries, 1 small banana, blend all together in a blender and serve)I keep the protein shakes and strawberries in the fridge so that I don’t have to use too much ice.
- Peanut Butter protein shake ( 1 single serving vanilla protein shake, 1/2 cup ice, 2 T peanut butter, 1 pack sweetener like Truvia, blend together in a blender and serve)
- Nutella toast with strawberries ( Toast 2 slices of good bread, spread with Nutella and top with sliced strawberries and a dusting of powdered sugar)
- Scrambled eggs with pancetta and butter grits (scramble eggs, bake pancetta in a lined cookie sheet at 350 for 10 minutes, make 5 minute quick cooking grits according to package directions, top with butter, salt and pancetta, serve with eggs)
The key to creating a quick and easy breakfast is to shop ahead and have things readily on hand. Everything on the list is super simple and for the most part very inexpensive. Try them all, create your own and be sure to comment your favorite. Happy Eating!